- Kaye's Beauty
Oily...Combination Skin...What to do?
#Oilyskin #CombinationSkin #Skinproblems #Skinwoes #Skinproductstouse #Whattodo
Oily skin means your skin is over-producing sebum or in layman's term oil. It is more than your skin requires which is why your skin looks and feels oily. You can also get oily skin if you use the wrong skincare products - so ladies be careful. Get to know you skin better. If you use too many products that dry your skin, it compensates it by producing more oil. Making your skin look greasy, shiny with large pores leading to breakouts, blackheads and whiteheads.
While Combination Skin produces excess oil only in certain areas of your skin which can make it even more frustrating. I have had to deal with combination skin for many years and I know it can be very annoying. So, I have built my routine using lightweight moisturizers and serums targeting my oily areas. In fact a person with combination skin can use the same products means for oily skin.
So, now that we have the oily and combination basic skin description covered. What are the do's and donts. Make sure you are not...
1. Using heavy facial oils or thick oil based creams. Lets face it you don't really need it. Your skin it making enough of it.
2. Products with super-drying formulas or harsh scrubs. Stay away from charcoal masks and don't overuse that Benzoyl Peroxide (it strips your skin of the oil it has produced leading to production of more oil on your skin)
What to use instead are...
1. Use a gel based cleanser or one made specifically for oily skin like The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser. This is made for oily skin, so it gently removes dirt and oil residue making your skin look fresh. This is a simple yet effective cleanser that gives your skin a matt-shiny look.
2. Apply a lightweight serum before your moisturizer like Benton Snail Bee Essence or Hada Labo Gokujyun Hyalurinic Lotion.
3. Use lightweight gel based moisturizers such as Glow Recipe Watermelon Sleeping mask. It is a lightweight and oil-free moisturizer with ultra-soothing watermelon extracts, hyaluronic acid and AHA that work wonders. Or you can use the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. This is another oil-free moisturizer that is instantly absorbed into your skin.
4. Use Salicylic acid products for spot treatment such as Paula's Choice Clear Exfoliating Solution as an acne treatment before using your moisturizer
5. Lastly is one of the greatest skin care products created in the '00s is oil blotting sheets like Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets. Just keep a handy pack in your bag and anytime your skin feels or looks oily just take one out, dab one of these on to your skin and viola oil gone!
Kaye's Beauty Book is here to help you choose better products that suit your skin, hair and lifestyle. All of the products mentioned are carefully researched and selected to ensure that the most credible information comes to you. If you do buy a product from one of our links, Kaye's Beauty Book may earn a commission.
II DISCLAIMER: Every skin is different, not everything works for everybody. I recommend you test the product before completely using any new product. III